Welcome to Teen Programmers, a IRC and matrix channel. This page has been set up to give an outline of the channel guidelines. If you are looking for the FAQ, you may be able to find your answer here.
The Teenprogrammer moderator team does everything it does with the best interests of the community at heart. We think that making rules sucks, but unfortunately with a community of this size it’s necessary to have some ground rules firmly in place for us to keep doing what we’re doing. We want these rules to be 100% transparent and consistently enforced/followed. We realize that no set of rules is sufficient to handle all possible scenarios. If we did not cover a specific circumstance, please respect our decisions. However, you are encouraged to bring any and all concerns up in PM with a mod we will look at each individual case and, if necessary, clarify the issue and/or change our channel guidelines accordingly.
The Teen programmers channel should be a place where everybody can feel comfortable.
- Be civil and respect other people and their opinions, whether you agree or not.
- Please do not be rude, judgmental or belittling.
- Do not accuse, provoke or intentionally offend others, request kicks or bans in public or engage in personal attacks.
- Do not discuss or taunt users who have been removed, kicked, banned, quieted or de-voiced.
- If you are asked to stop, you are to stop.
- Do not spam, which includes advertising other channels/networks/places. What is and is not spam is left to the discretion of the operators.
- Try to keep the channel, your behavior, and topics discussed family-friendly (see Topics #5/#6 below). This includes keeping swearing out. If you are told a topic is inappropriate, it is inappropriate. If you are unsure if a topic is appropriate, please ask! We appreciate people asking first.
- Don’t flood the channel or abuse the channel for rants.
- Bots and scripts are permitted.
- Don't flood the channel with links, please do not post the same link multiple times. (See General Rules #6 above)
- Do NOT post any files but images, JPG, PNG, GIF. If you post a EXE or SH file or any non image file you WILL get MUTED. If you want to post a file that is not a JPG, PNG, or GIF please message a mod.
We hope that Teen programmers is an interesting place, however some topics are not suitable:
- Obvious Racism and intolerant speech of any kind is never permitted.
- Any topic that is not allowed on any of the IRC networks or matrix , is still not allowed in Teen programmers.
- Some topics are controversial and often end in negativity. Take care on subjects like war, religion, sexuality (not sex), potentially illegal activities and the like. These topics are not banned, but should be approached responsibly; stating your position is okay, but trolling, baiting, hostility or repetition are not.
- If you are asked to stop, do so politely.
- A lot of people use freenode and matrix as part of their job or school, therefore please keep the channel “safe for work”. Consider this in both your in-channel discussions and when selecting your quit/part messages.
- Please do not link to anything which could cause offense or be not safe-for-work. Keep foul, vulgar or profane language (or acronyms or substitutes which imply foul, vulgar or profane language) out.
- No politics.
- Talk about suicide or self harm is not permitted. UNLESS: You are looking for advice on how to deal with depression, and the mods will have to go into a private message (PM) with you.
- Respect decisions. Channel ops work hard to be fair and balanced, but may not always resolve issues exactly the way you would.
- In the event you are banned or have issues with a decision in Teen programmers made by operators, please do not ask about it or complain about it in any other channel; you are more than welcome to take it up with a mod.
- This is a bot friendly room, just as long as they do not spam or try to kick a user, you can use any command prefix (for ex. $command or .command) but you Cannot use ! this is reserved for the main bot(UnexpectedEOF)
- Please say that you will bring a bot in hear so we do not get 100 bots, the mods will more then likely say you can or ask you a couple question about your bot like what does it do?
- Do not ask for you bot to become opted, it will not be.
'UnexpectedEOF' is a Limnoria instance and helps assist the channel with various functions. Also Note for you on Matrix, UnexpectedEOF is on freenode so you might have to add a [m] for a matrix user at the end of there name, if you need help just ask. Here are some of the most popular/useful commands:
Echos the URL to Teen programmers rules (this page)
Returns the current time
List all the commands the Fun plugin provides (most are already described above)
Please do this is a PM you can use the command /query unexpectedEOF aka list
--- Further investigation/navigation of the bot:
/msg UnexpectedEOF list
Lists all loaded modules
/msg UnexpectedEOF list <module>
Lists commands provided by a given module
/msg UnexpectedEOF help [<module>] <command>
Outputs the help for a given [module] command
/msg UnexpectedEOF commands
Lists every command and alias provided by the bot (long list) in alphabetical order; does not differentiate by
what access you have to the bot (a number of commands will be blocked from use)
/msg UnexpectedEOF more (or !more)
Expands the output of a given command beyond the first line